Managing any building efficiently is a complex task, involving number of equipment, systems and subsystems. Opt for Building Management System (BMS) that ensures that all building services can be monitored and controlled centrally. Apart from smooth operations, a centralise BMS platform ensures that the facility management team is gainfully deployed, thereby reducing dependence on costly manpower. Multiple facilities can be monitored and controlled from a central location. A centralise platform for your BMS is the gateway for a smart and sustainable building helping you to save time and money, provide constant access to your system, and ensure better security.
An integrated Building Management System
BMS systems are “Intelligent” microprocessor based controller networks installed to monitor and control a buildings technical systems and services such as air conditioning, ventilation, lighting and hydraulics. BMS is to connect all of the technology in a property which monitors utilities, electronic devices and mechanical equipment. Traditional building management systems typically have stand-alone applications with separate monitoring and control stations for HVAC Controls, energy metering and power management, central plant equipment and lighting. While each application is beneficial on its own, the real power lies in managing them as one, intelligent solution.
The real power of an integrated centralised platform
A centralized BMS will help you save time and money, provide constant access to your system, and ensure better security.
- Auto Scheduling – An integrated BMS provides the ability to auto-schedule any equipment or sub-system. This means that standard, day-to-day functions need not be remembered or done by human intervention. This saves manpower resources and also improves productivity and reduces human errors by automating mundane tasks. The system also maintains a log of maintenance history and scheduling events which can be used to retrospectively analyze system issues.
- Real Time Alarms – A single sharing BMS platform allows you to create functional, operational and maintenance related schedules and rules in the system. The system will detect any schedule or rule violations in real time and generate automated alarms, which are displayed as on-screen visual alerts or sent as an SMS or email, if required. The system displays alarm details along with current system conditions, time of occurrence and status of alarms.
- Ease of use –BMS makes the task of managing any site very simple and enjoyable. It removes the complexity from the routine tasks, and allows you to focus on the relevant, high-priority issues, while simultaneously ensuring that regular operations run efficiently.
- Central Monitoring And Control – Managing any building efficiently is a complex task, involving number of equipment, systems & sub-systems. The BMS ensures that all building services can be monitored and controlled centrally. Apart from smooth operations, this ensures that the facility management team is gainfully deployed, thereby reducing dependence on costly manpower. Multiple facilities can be monitored and controlled from a central location.
- Optimization – BMS provides integrated monitoring and control of all equipment and devices in central building services, such as HVAC, thereby ensuring synchronized working of different components of the sub-systems to deliver optimized performance. For example, to ensure that the floor temperature is maintained at 24°C, the iBMS will automatically monitor parameters, such as, Return Air Temperature, Supply Water Temperature, Return Water Temperature, etc.
- Interoperability – BMS is compliant with most industry standard protocols. Integration with legacy and third party systems is easy. Even those components that use proprietary protocols can be integrated through drivers customized for the purpose.
- Reports – A BMS platform help to analyze your equipment’s operational information as well as energy usage over any specified time period. Data is collated and analysed against historical and current trends. Discrepancies, anomalies and possible improvements are presented in usable and actionable forms.
- Comfort Control-A building management system allows for regular maintenance and fine-tuning of a property’s heat. This means that business owners and managers of residential homes can ensure maximum comfort for residents and staff members by maintaining a steady temperature. This will reduce the risk of overheating or overcooling while still keeping overall energy costs under control.
- Accurate Reporting Metrics-By having constant access to the energy usage statistics, business owners and building managers can quickly and easily create accurate financial reports and set budgets based on the information from previous quarters.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.